Washi Tape Heart - Quick Craft
Valentine's Day is right around the corner! We thought we'd share a DIY Quick Craft (a craft you can typically complete in an hour our less) that's perfect for Valentine's Day! This is a perfect project to do on your own or involve the kiddos.
We love Washi tape! For those unfamiliar with it, Washi tape is a thin, adhesive tape made of paper. Really really pretty paper!!! It comes in an endless assortment of colors, patterns, and thicknesses and is sold at most craft stores.
For our Washi Heart project you'll need:
- Heart - any size or material will work. We used a thin wood heart purchased at a craft store. Most craft stores also carry hearts made of chipboard. If you'd like you can even cut one out of heavy cardboard.
- Washi tape in a variety of patterns. We chose all reds and pinks to match our Valentine theme.
- Scissors - although Washi tape is thin and can be torn if you prefer.
- Mod Podge - we used the Paper formula in matte
- Foam or Bristle Paintbrush
Choose a roll of Washi tape and put 1 strip of washi on the bottom of the heart. We left a little extra on each side to hang over the edge of the heart.
Choose a different pattern of Washi tape and add another row directly above the last.
Repeat until the entire heart is covered
Turn your heart over and bend in the edges of the tape.
Step 4: (optional)
Add a thin layer of Mod Podge to the front of the heart to seal it and make it more durable. Let dry.
If you'd like to hang your heart, hot glue or tape a ribbon, rope, or length of fabric to the back.
We had so much fun making these that we made a larger one to hang on the front door, some to hang in the kids' rooms, and a few smaller ones to give to teachers and grandparents.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Darci & Katie